How to Market Your Business to the Government
As a business owner, you know that marketing is key to your success. But did you know that there is a market for your products and services that you may not have even considered? The government market is a massive opportunity for businesses of all sizes! This blog post will discuss the benefits of marketing your business to the government and how our team at Focused Image can help!
Why Market Your Business to the Government?
The government market is a $500 billion market! That’s right, half a trillion dollars. And it’s not just big businesses getting in on the action. Small businesses make up 23 percent of government contractors!
But why should you market your business to the government? There are a few key reasons:
- The government is a steady market. Unlike the private sector, the government doesn’t make sudden changes that can impact your business.
- There are many opportunities for businesses of all sizes. The government contracts out a lot of work, so there are many chances for businesses to get involved.
- It can be a great way to build your business’s reputation. Working with the government can help you build credibility and a good reputation, which can lead to more work in the private sector.
- You may be able to tap into new markets. By marketing your business to the government, you may be able to sell your products or services to new markets that you wouldn’t have had access to before.
How to Market Your Business to The Government
The market for government contracts is huge, and there are many reasons why your business should get involved. And now now that you understand a little more about why it is important to market your business to the government, you may be wondering how to get started. Here are three things you should do when beginning to market your business to the government.
Create a Government Formatted Website
One of the first things you should do when marketing your business to the government is to create a website formatted for the government market. This may seem like a small thing, but it’s important! The government market is different from the private sector, and your website should reflect that.
Some things to keep in mind when creating a government-formatted website:
- Your website should be easy to navigate and understand. The government market is different from the private sector, so your website should be designed with that in mind.
- Include information about your company’s capabilities. When the government is looking for contractors, they want to know what your company is capable of. Include information about your team, your experience, and your past projects on your website.
- Make sure your contact information is up-to-date and easy to find. The government market is competitive, so you want to make sure that the government can quickly get in touch with you when they are ready to do business!
Register Your Business in Agency Procurement Databases
Another important thing to do when marketing your business to the government is to register your business in agency procurement databases. The government uses these databases to find contractors for upcoming projects. By registering your business, you will ensure that the government can easily find you when they are looking for businesses like yours!
When registering your business in agency procurement databases, one thing to remember is to make sure you register with the proper agencies. There are many different government agencies, so you want to make sure that you are registered with the ones that are most likely to need your products or services.
Distribute a Capability Statement
The third thing you should do when starting to market your business to the government is to distribute a capability statement. A capability statement is a document that outlines your company’s capabilities and experience. It is an essential tool in the government market because it helps the government understand what your company can do and how your company can help them.
Some things that you need to do when creating your capability statement are to,
- Make sure your statement is clear and concise. The government market is competitive, so you want to make sure that your statement stands out.
- Include information on your company’s capabilities. The government market differs from the private sector, so provide information about your staff, experience, and previous projects in your statement.
Make sure your contact information is up-to-date and easy to access. You want the government to be able to reach you as soon as possible when they are ready to do business!
By doing these three things, you will be well on your way to successfully being able to market your business to the government.
Let Our Team Help You Market Your Business to the Government
The above tips are just a starting point for marketing your business to the government. And if you’re still unsure where to start or how to best market your business to the government, let our team at Focused Image help! We have years of experience in the government market and can help you create a successful marketing strategy. Contact our team today to learn more about our services!